As I write this, I am learning to tolerate Monday’s. Unfortunately, for most of my life Monday’s always made me feel miserable. Even late Sunday night I would start to get anxious as Monday began to creep closer. So, you’re probably wondering what changed? Well, I can’t say that it’s been one moment or habit in particular. However, what I have discovered is that by doing at least a few of the points below, I find myself feeling much more grounded and ready to start the week.
5 Ways to Improve Your Monday’s:
- Use Sunday afternoon or evening to plan for the week: Even if this is only 10-30 minutes, this allows me to feel so much better about the week ahead. For me, this looks like doing some meal prep so that I know exactly what we are having for dinner from Monday-Saturday. Then, I also look over my list of tasks for the week. I might even do an entire post on what my Sunday planning looks like because I know this makes a huge difference in my week ahead.
- Have Something to Look Forward To: I always make sure that I have at least one activity or meal that I love on Monday. Maybe it’s getting a coffee from Starbucks rather than brewing your own or possibly making Monday your date night.
- Morning Routine: Always start the day with a morning routine, especially on Monday. This will help you to feel motivated and accomplished even before you’ve officially started the day. For example, some of my favorite morning routine activities include: gratitude, meditation, journaling, and savoring a cup of coffee.
- Time Block at least 1 High Quality Work Activity: If we’re not careful, Monday’s can often be a blur of hopping around from task to task without getting much done. If you set aside 30 minutes- 1 hour each Monday morning, then at least you can end the day knowing that you did something other than just checking email.
- Schedule in a Walk or Time Outside: Being outside ALWAYS improves my mood. Try a 5 minute walk around the block on your lunch hour. Or, maybe a 10-15 minutes during the day. Regardless, make sure to set aside time to be outside. Bonus points if you can do this without your phone.
Maybe it’s not realistic to start all of these at once. That’s ok. Try to pick one and see how it goes this week. Do you have any other tips or advice for improving your Monday’s? Let me know on Instagram @betsyramserjaime
5 Ways To Improve Your Monday’s