Oakland Coffee Roasters (Organic Bolivia Cenaproc)
I’ve really been enjoying the book “Are you fully charged” by Tom Rath and here is one idea from the book that I’ve been thinking about a lot lately.
Put Experiences First
- Think back to some of the most memorable vacations, trips, events, and experiences you have had throughout your life. As you reflect on these moments you may notice how much joy you derive from recalling the times you spent with people you care about. The best experiences create memories and well-being that last for years to come
- Anticipation * Actual Experience * Memories
- People leave a huge amount of happiness on the table by spending primarily on themselves
- For trips and events, try to plan several months in advance. A large study on this topic found that the effect of anticipating a vacation can increase well-being for weeks and even months
Favorite Yoga Routine:
Yoga With Adriene
This is a really relaxed video that I’ve done at least 6-7 times this month. I love all of Adrien’s videos. She explains everything really well and is probably the least pretentious person on the internet. For someone like me who is neither an experienced yogi nor flexible…her routines are perfect!
Favorite New Podcast:
The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes
This is a great podcast if you’re interested in Productivity, Entrepreneurship, & Business I also love that the podcasts have a variety of lengths. For example, there are some episodes that are less than 5 minutes and others that are an hour long. He also grew up in Ohio (just like me!) and we have a mutual love for all things Ohio State.
I just tried the service StitchFix for the first time and I was very pleasantly surprised. From what I’ve read, some people love it and have had a lot of success using it while others have not had a great experience with it. I’m planning to try it a second time in January so I might post some type of review/overall of my experience with it after that. Has anyone else tried it? What did you think?
- Fully Charged by Tom Roth
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Rising Strong by Brene Brown
- School of Greatness by Lewis Howes
- 800 Grapes by Laura Dave